Friday, September 16, 2011

Excited for Fall!

A post from Dana:

With these cool mornings here in Atlanta, I all I can think about is "How much longer until I can put my pumpkins out?"  I LOVE fall and fall decor.  Its my favorite season.  The warm colors, cool weather and down pour of leaves are so soothing to me.  Well, until I have to actually rake the leaves.  Halloween is my second favorite holiday, with Christmas being my favorite.  I guess I love Halloween so much because it signifies the beginning of fall and it's the first hint of real holiday decor at my house.  I just get so excited about the kids beaming with joy in their Halloween costumes and playing the part of their character.  At my house, we've already been looking into the best Star Wars costume for my 5 year old.  It's a toss between General Grievous and Darth Maul.  That is if he can part from Power Rangers.  However, I feel that Star Wars just may win out this year.

I remember last year was the first year that my little boy was comfortable with me dressing up.  Years before I would offer to dress up with him (secretly excited for the holiday) and he would quickly tell me "No, I just want you to be Mommy".  I was so moved by the declaration that being "Mommy" was perfect enough that I would forgo the costume.  But last year, I was granted permission to be a ghost and I had FUN!  I didn't get too elaborate but we made some fun ghosts to go along with me for the Trunk or Treat at church and the kids loved them.  I will let you know when we get closer to our big costume decision this year.  But as for last year, take a peak.  I know he doesn't look like he's too sure of it all, but it really was fun.   We'd love for you to share you Halloween moments.  Our last years have been store bought costumes but I know some of you have some very creative ideas for costumes and fall decor.  Please share.  You'll enhance our SPIRIT around here!